Transatlantic Sessions 5
WHIRLIE DVD 06
Transatlantic Sessions once again brings together the best of Nashville, Ireland and Scotland in an award-winning format that affords, in the words of one critic, a unique insight into the sheer joy of making music.
Recorded in a beautiful old hunting lodge at the entrance to Glen Lyon near Aberfeldy in the Perthshire Highlands, top vocal and instrumental exponents of the Country and Celtic traditions gathered to rehearse and play together with no audience except themselves and a resident house-band of their peers. As with previous series, music co-directors were Nashvilles Jerry Douglas
and Shetlands Aly Bain.
Leavening the intimacy of the music-making through each of the six programmes in the series is a strong element of spectacular Highland scenic photography while this time around a greater emphasis on informal backstage conversations and stories serves to highlight the series genuinely historic qualities of collaboration and performance.
1. The Boys of 25 / The Glass of Beer (Aly Bain)
2. Going down the Road feeling bad (Eric Bibb)
3. Oran na Cloiche (Song Of The Stone) (Kathleen Macinnes)
4. Falani (Béla Fleck)
5. Leezie Lindsay (Eddi Reader)
6. Boats up the River (Dirk Powell)
7. Lay my Burden down (Alison Krauss)
8. Helvic Head / Kiss the Maid (Michael Mcgoldrick)
9. Fire in my Hands (Iain Morrison) (Bonus Track)
10. Annabel Lee (Sarah Jarosz)
11. Same old River (Sam Bush)
12. Dreamcatcher / Off the Hook (Sharon Shannon)
13. Time Machine (Declan O Rourke)
14. Pé in Éirinn Í (Whoever She May Be) (Muireann Nic Amblaoibh) (Bonus Track)
15. The Lake Charles Waltz (Phil Cunningham)
16. Jesus (Amos Lee)
Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh